Tuesday 24 February 2015

Cleanse With Benefits


I feel like it has been the longest time since I've posted - over two weeks! I don't think I will be doing that again, there is no fun in not sharing anything with you all. 

Recently I went and brought the marmite of skincare products, Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water for combination and sensitive skin. Over the product's lifetime I've read many different reviews on it; some swore by it, whilst others disliked the effect it had on their skin. I for one are one of those who are now going to swear by Micellar Cleansing Water.


I definitely brought this product on a whim, although I had my eye on the original product for 'even sensitive skin' for a while, I actually had no idea Garnier brought out a version focused for combination skin too, so it was purely chance that I noticed it on the shelf in my local Boots.

I've seen other bloggers say that using this product causes their skin to break out as a side effect, however personally after using it for approximately three weeks noticed that my skin broke out no more than normal. As I am shamefully lazy in my skincare routine this product has made my life so much easier; it is unlike using your average face wipe, which I feel you have to really rub to remove any make-up, as it seems to effortlessly remove anything from my face - be that waterproof mascara, eyeliner or foundation. It takes absolutely no time, so is such an easy step to introduce into your end of day routine.

I still continue my normal skincare routine after -with my trusty Liz Earle products - as I really enjoy it when my face feels clean and fresh, which is something the Micellar Water unfortunately doesn't provide me with.

To remove my make-up I apply the water to The Body Shop's Organic Cotton Pads, which are rather luxurious I must say. They are roughly the size of my palm, square and double sided. By being double sized the cotton pad is thicker and you can get more use out of an individual pad. Each side has a different texture, which I find makes no difference whats so ever, and is finished with some light stitching around the edge.

Overall my verdict on Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water for combination and sensitive skin is:
It is not just over priced 'fancy' water and is one-hundred percent worth a go, especially as it retails at a low price.

What's your opinion on Micellar Water?

Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment