Sunday 8 February 2015

Little Weekend Haul

Ever since getting paid I've been struggling to not buy anything, so when I left the house I'd always come home with something new - yesterday was one of those days. It is not that I brought a high quantity of items, just that I was super spontaneous.


Firstly I went into Outfit (and for those who don't know it is a fashion store which stocks Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topman, Topshop and Wallis), where I went for the purpose of purchasing some black, high waisted jeans from Topshop for work and college. I was definitely a lazy shopper yesterday, so once I found a pair of Joni jeans that fit my criteria I did not look any further. As the jeans were in the petite range, they are quite high on the ankles, which some people do not like; however it is my personal preference to have a higher cut as I find it easier to wear.


As I continued to browse around the store a few things in Miss Selfridge caught my eye, which is unusual because I often find their stock in our store too bright and 'transition to teen-y'. I managed to convince myself to have none of what I saw until I spotted an orange waffle cut out skirt - I am such a hypocrite with bright colours. 
Recently I've been wearing more skirts than ever before, so the actual skirt wasn't surprising, but the colour was, I don't think I've ever worn orange. Once I'd tried the skirt on, I decided I had to try the top that matched, making it a co-ordinate set, and there was no stopping me buying it.
The thing about this outfit is that it can be split into the top and skirt, so does not just have to be worn with the other. However as orange is such a vibrant colour, I fear that I will only be able to wear it when I am brown for it to not wash me out - maybe I will just wear it anyway.

Yesterday was also the time of month that I get my eyebrows done - hallelujah! So whilst in Benefit getting my 'brow wax & tint' I purchased the Boi-ing industrial strength concealer, which I have been eyeing up for ages, so I'm uber excited to try it out!


What have your recent purchases been?

Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment