Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Perfect Spring Candle


Recently I had to throw my long loved candle away, after burning the entire wick down, and ever since I've been on the hunt for a new one. Luckily my hunt is over and I have the perfect spring scent.


I'm not one for going out and looking specifically for a candle, if I did it that way I don't think I'd ever find what I was looking for. Instead I go by the idea that I will stumble across the right thing; it's probably a bad method, but so far it's worked.

In Hereford we have a small shop called Berry Red, which has recently opened a sister shop called Printer & Tailor (which unfortunately does not have a website yet), and was a pop-up store over the Christmas period which is now permanent.

This is a little handout available at the store, it's super cute and is on thick tracing paper. Apologises for how difficult it may be to read the text.
So in this wonderful store I fell in love with a True Grace candle in the scent Orchard, which is heavenly. The main notes are rather fruity, most prominently apple but there are floral undertones; It's not a heavy scent at all so is really pleasant to smell over a period of time. In terms of throw, I find this one a lot better than previous candles I've tried, where you barely get the scent, and my entire room is enveloped in the Orchard scent.
I can't say I loved any scents in the shop as much as this one, so unless any more are brought in, this may be a go to candle for me.

Of course you can't buy a candle without matches - well you could but I couldn't help myself. I found the cutest square box of oversized matches (find them here). I was so torn between a simple spot print and this lighthouse, but I was so drawn to the latter that I couldn't not get it.
I'm not the best at striking matches, I find it super difficult and I always scare myself, but these are really easy to light. So along with a lovely print there is no hassle of trying 5 times and breaking a match before you finally light your match.


Have you found your perfect spring scent yet?

Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment