Saturday 12 September 2015

Life Update

As you can tell I took quite an unscheduled break from the blogosphere recently. It was a much needed break and allowed me to finally feel as though I have something to aim towards.


As you may or may not know for the past academic year I studied at my local Sixth Form College, where I did AS levels in: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Law. Round about Easter of this year, and coincidentally when I last posted a blog, I realised how unhappy I was with the path I was taking. Not only was I struggling to enjoy my subjects and surround myself with all this new, incredible information, but also with the entire environment that I put myself into because I felt it was the route I had to take.

After a high amount of crying and repeatedly saying "I don't want to go back", I enrolled myself onto a short course at the Hereford College of Arts, a place in which I had practically grown up in and was always an option for me. The course I chose was a 'Silk Screen Printing' course (which I will do a separate post on soon), which basically comes under the umbrella of textiles.

Whilst completing the five weeks, each session on a Wednesday evening, I continued with the Sixth Form which I dreaded and every opportunity I had to go home I did. However, I suddenly had this new escape, where I was doing something I had never tried before and just threw myself completely into it. I found myself constantly looking around for inspiration and thinking of colours I could put together. It started to give me something to not only work towards but it was something that excited me.

Once that was over I got to the point of "What do I do now?", do I take the easy option and stick with what I was doing? Or do I take a chance and try something completely new? It was quite the no brainer! I applied for the Art College, went through the interview process with all of my previous graphic, art and printing work and got myself a place!

So now, after the longest summer and a week in to my new course I feel back on track and excited to wake up for college, which was a feeling I never thought I would get back.

It's been quite the journey for me, and I did think too often "What will people think of me?", but having a long break to reflect on everything made me realise something. I am not bothered what people think of me anymore, my happiness is above their opinion on me and I need to start doing things for me!

Once again, sorry for the longest break ever! But I plan to get this blog back on track! Thank you all!!

Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment