Tuesday 31 March 2015

Going Blonde


If you follow me on any forms of social media, you will know that yesterday I took quite the leap and not only cut my hair, I changed its colour too!

Ever since I was younger, and suffered the awkward bob phase, I have had long hair, as I just left it to grow out. A few years ago I turned to a dip-dye and ever since I have just left it. Within the past few months however, I've started to change my hair, not significantly but still. I went slightly lighter and that's about it really.

Anyway, for about a year now I've wanted to cut my hair of and go blonde, but I was too scared so kept putting it off. Last week however, had me changing my mind and I bit the bullet and completely re-styled my hair.


On the left is my hair yesterday morning; slightly lighter than my natural colour and obviously a lot longer. The right however, is my 'new hair', I'm pretty sure it's about 6 inches shorter and has three colour put through it. Those colours being a bleach, an ash blonde, and a darker blonde, and to top it of I had a toner put through.

I'm aware that now my hair is shorter I will have to start styling it a lot more; but quite frankly that is something I'm looking forward too. I was so fed up of my hair length, as it wouldn't do anything - I was definitely due a change.

I know it's only been 24 hours, but I am already loving my new short hair and being a lot blonder - I feel like a new woman.


After sleeping on my hair (In the smallest half a top knot I have ever experienced) it's got a bit more wave, and already feels lighter, and has more volume!

Have you ever gone through a hair re-style? I'd love to know what you did.

Louisa xx


4 comments:

  1. Serious hair envy, it looks so great and suits you so well! I am at a stage where it is an awkward mid length and am so tempted to cut it shorter, but am too scared. It looks awesome though!
    Abbie xx
    Another Student Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What I thought of when deciding on a length, was that it will grow back in the end, and that made me feel a lot more confident in my decision. I really cannot wait to start experimenting with it! Thank you for reading my blog, means a lot.
      Louisa xx

      Delete
  2. Love love love your shorter hair! The cut and colour is beautiful!

    www.polkadotsblog.co.uk �

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm in love with it too!
      Louisa xx

      Delete