Saturday 11 April 2015

MAC Haul


I've been meaning to do this post for so long, but have never got round to it. Luckily though, since my initial thought to do a MAC haul, my recent purchases have doubled in size; making an even bigger haul for me to show you guys.

As you all probably know, MAC's Cinderella ranged launched in the UK at the beginning of March, and it was an incredibly stressful time if you were hoping to get hold of anything.

Luckily, at the very end of my morning off college, I managed to get hold of the three products I was allowing myself to buy. It was truly the most difficult decision, having to narrow down the entire collection, which personally I was (and still am) in love with.

First is the 'Stroke of Midnight' eye shadow palette, which for someone who has never owned a MAC eyeshadow is kind of perfect. It contains the perfect colours for a natural eye; 'Phloof' as a base and 'Quarry' in the crease of the eye is one of my favourite combinations lately. However, by using the same palette it is easy to build a more dramatic look by working both 'Satin Taupe' and 'Stroke of Midnight' into your crease.

I know some people were quite disappointed with this palette, which is understandable, as the only limited edition shadow in 'Stroke of Midnight', all the others are readily available and many already have it in their collection. For me though, like I said, it has been the perfect edition to my collection, and no doubt kick-started my MAC eye shadow collection.


I also managed to get my hands on the 'Royal Ball' lipstick, which I know was in high demand, and I can see why! It's described as a 'fleshy pink' which I would definitely agree with, and also contains quite the shimmer. I find it lasts well and when I'm wearing it, I find it really completes a natural, nude look.

I'm actually trying to wean myself off using this lipstick all the time, because I will never be able to buy it again.

The final Cinderella product I purchased was the 'Glass Slipper' Tinted Lipglass, which is a 'light, milky pink with pinkish pearl'. I'm not really a massive lipgloss wearer, I tend to stick to my lipsticks; however this is such a light, soft shade, I thought that it would semi-convert me to a lipstick wearer.

Whilst I can't say I've converted to wearing it every day, when I do wear it i find it quite moisturising, and not too sticky and still lasts long. I'm a personal fan of the occasional shimmer, so when I'm in that mood this is perfect! It is also a dream to pair with my "Royal Ball' lipstick!

Moving on from the beautiful blue packaging of the Cinderella range, on a recent trip to Cardiff I hunted down a few new products. Some I meant to buy, some were more spur of the moment purchase (which I don't regret!).

I went with the aim of getting a coral lipstick and possibly and new foundation, and came away with both and a blusher - what can I say, go hard or go home!

I brought the 'Studio Fix' foundation in the shade 'NW13' and I have to say I have never had a foundation shade suit me better. It applies really nicely, and the coverage can be built up without looking cakey.

As a psoriasis sufferer I sometimes struggle with foundations, as it tends to cling to the dry patches, and sometimes doesn't quite cover the redness. This however doesn't massively cling and really disguises the redness my skin brings; to such an extent that I can look at my skin much more confidently when I'm wearing.

The only downside to this foundation is that there is no pump, so you have to buy that separately (which I forgot to do!!) but once the pump is on you cannot put the lid back on. Luckily the fountain as a twist lock on the pump, along with a cover - so I guess it's not that bad!


As I mentioned, I desperately wanted a coral lipstick, and with a little help, I found 'Ravishing' which was exactly the colour I had in mind, so I am more than pleased with my purchase.

It is such a spring/summer colour and really brightens any look. It's quite soft too, so isn't too shocking, unlike 'Costa Chic' which is quite over powering. Lately I'm really feeling soft and subtle makeup more often than a dramatic eye or lip, but 'Ravishing' really gives a spark to what I wear every day.

Finally, for a while now I've been thinking of moving on from my beloved 'Rockateur' by Benefit, and what a better time to do so when you're sat in a chair at MAC?

After various choices, I went with 'Prism' which is a 'muted pinkish-brown' matte blush. After so long with a shimmered blusher it's nice to have a matte shade which doesn't overpower my face with shimmer and pink, when that it not what I am feeling at all recently!

This blusher is also really pigmented, and I barely need any on my brush to get my desired amount. By using a light hand as well it is also super easy to build, and can provide a nice, natural definition to my face.


I also did swatches of all the products (bar the foundation, which you will probably see at a later date), so you can see them against my skin tone and how pigmented the products are.
Top: 'Glass Slipper' Lipglass. Middle: 'Ravishing' Lipstick.
Bottom: 'Royal Ball' Lipstick.
'Prism' Powder Blush.

Left to Right: 'Vapour'; 'Phloof'; 'Omega'; 'Quarry'; 'Satin Taupe'; 'Stroke of Midnight'.
Wow! This post ended up so much longer than I expected! I have you enjoyed my haul though. I think it may be a while until my next MAC splurge!

What are your favourite or most recent MAC products?

Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment