Tuesday 20 January 2015

My Current Beauty Favourites



Hi there!
Recently I've been loving Liz Earle, and in particular the "Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser". When compared to foaming cleansers, I much prefer the cream formula of Liz Earle's product as it feels as though my skin has had a thorough clean, as compared to just a surface wash. Another benefit I find from this product is that because a muslin cloth is used to remove the cleanser, it's really effective at taking away any make-up or daily grime that might have been forgotten with a make up wipe.
The "Gentle Face Exfoliator" has also made its way onto my current favourites, as it's one of my favourite exfoliators. It gently buffs your skin and doesn't leave your face red raw and sore - always a bonus! When used in conjunction with the Hot Cloth Cleanser, I'm left with a brighter complexion and skin I know is fresh and clean.

I've always been a fan of Lush, but I must admit I haven't used any of their products in so long, I've almost forgotten how good they actually are. Their "Mask of Magnaminty" has been the first product, for at least a year I've tried, and was brought for me by my sister a couple of weeks ago.
 My skin is constantly in need of some TLC so I try to use face masks at least once a week to keep my acne at bay, and since using this face mask my skin does feel as though it's on the road to "tip top condition" as the pot states.
 When I first used this I was horrified the day after, as it seemed to have caused a breakout on my face, but I decided to persevere as my skin needed a good mask to draw everything out. I was so right to not stop using it after the first try, because after a few masks my face felt so much clearer and not as clogged up. 
What I particularly love about the Mask of Magnaminty is that it also exfoliates your skin when you wash it off, which is a saviour to me, as I suffer from psoriasis on my face; for anyone else it leaves your face smooth and refreshed. Personally I love the smell of peppermint so I find complete pleasure in applying this - even if I do look a little Shrek like. A big, big favourite for me!

I've had the same hairbrush for years, and it did the job, but was always average and I didn't really feel as though my knotty hair was getting the brush it truly needed. Finally after months of repeating how I really want one, my sister brought me an "Original Tangle Teezer" for Christmas - she is the best to me. I find it really strange that I could prefer one hairbrush over another, but I do. The Tangle Teezer doesn't tug on my hair and is actually effective in untangling my hair. It's also easy to hold and doesn't take up masses of space in a bag so easy to take anywhere. I never thought I'd say I'm thankful for my hairbrush, but it's my favourite one to date.

For years I've struggled with filling in my eyebrows due to the most inconvenient placed scar ever, straight through my right brow. Hence why Benefits "Brow Zings" (which I use in the colour Medium) is the one product I use day in, day out and is truly one of my favourite make-up products I could not live without. 
The kit contains a wax and a powder which allows for precise shaping and setting. My favourite thing about this is that it has excellent staying power and I don't find myself worrying about whether my eyebrows look half done or not, so I can actually get on with my day. Some people may disagree but I don't find applying Brow Zings very time consuming, maybe I've just got into the swing of it. This is something I love very much and would definitely recommend to anyone who just needs to enhance sparse brows.

Finally one of my current favourites, that I can't see going anywhere for a long time, is MACs satin lipstick Brave and was gifted to me by my friend Eleanor ( find her here) for my birthday last year.
Obviously this lipstick is everywhere now due to Kylie Jenner, and is often sold out in stores. For me the colour is just the right shade of pink that almost matches my lips perfectly, but still adds that bit of colour and substance I feel I need. Due to its shade, I often use lip liners to manipulate the colour slightly and define my lips, but I find it perfectly fine on it's own on a daily basis. I really cannot get enough of this colour!

Louisa x

2 comments:

  1. I love that lush face mask too! I too came out in heaps of bad skin the next day but I think that it pulls the spots out from underneath which were probably gonna surface anyway, then your skin will be clear. I love putting this on and even taking it off is quite pleasurable! Xx

    http://amyslittleweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have too go on a bit of a lush haul soon, and try all their face masks. I'm glad you like it too �� xx

      Delete